Contact Your Local SpiderSmart Today!

Get Started

Our Approach

We meet your children where they are and grow with them.

• Whole Child

For more than 30 years, SpiderSmart has promoted a “whole child”learning philosophy that prepares children to succeed in school and thrive in life.

• Total Growth

SpiderSmart tutors work diligently to get to know their students inside and out in order to help them build on their strengthsand overcome weaknesses. We quickly earn our SpiderSmart kids’ trust and forge deep and lasting bonds.

Our Priority

Helping your child become an independent thinker.

We don’t spoon-feed students facts and figures. Instead, we work with every student to unlock their innate curiosity. SpiderSmart kids ask questions, solve problems, and analyze issues. Our tutors challenge them to think for themselves.

With our holistic approach,your child will learn:

• Critical Thinking

not rote learning

• Problem Solving

not problem dodging

• Confidence

not just competence

Student Showcase

SpiderSmart is proud to share our students' creative and exemplary work.
Scroll through and have a look at the student showcase to see what they have completed recently.

Jack

Virtual - Grade 8

Empathy in My Experience

In my life, there are many empathetic people such as siblings, parents, and teachers. These people show empathy in many different ways such as bringing support, helping others when they are down, and helping people when they are troubled. There is also empathy in books, for example, in Harry Pot...

Audrey

Virtual - Grade 4

Empathy

Have you ever seen someone sad and felt bad for them? That’s called empathy. Having the ability to feel empathy for people is something you should be grateful for. When someone’s feeling sad or lonely you should feel empathy for them instead of be mean to them. Because maybe that happened to you...

Warren

Virtual - Grade 4

My Favorite Author

My favorite author is E.B White. I enjoy his books because every time I read it, I plunge into a world of imagination. I can visualize the farm that Wilbur lived on. I can hear Louis’s call with his trumpet, and many other things. Although there are many fiction books out the...

Jason

Virtual - Grade 7

Valentine’s Traditions

In our world, there are various and unique Valentine’s Traditions groups of people share. These include festivals and rituals. These are passed on from generation to generation. Each tradition is special, and some are well known and spread across the world. Here are some of the most intere...

Kailin

Virtual - Grade 6

Valentine’s Day Around the World

Each year on February 14th, Valentine’s Day is celebrated all over the world. It is a day to celebrate friendships and share the beautiful, wonderful feeling we call love with others. Valentine’s Day is widely associated with and symbolized by hearts, roses, and Cupid angels, though specific tra...

Our Process

• Step1

Read

We have 4,000+ titlesrom, divided by grade level. With their teacher’s guidance, students pick the books they are most interested in reading.

• Step2

Write

Every assignment consists of vocabulary, reading comprehension, and an essay. Students develop critical thinking skills by learning to compose compelling essays.

• Step3

Revise

Based on the teacher’s feedback, students learn by correcting their own mistakes. The teacher then reviews the revision to ensure that the writing shows improvement

Our Process
Get Started

SpiderSmart Blog

Featured Content From the Web of Learning - View All >

April 4, 2024

Earth Month

Our Students Lead the Way! April is Earth Month—including National Parks Week, Arbor Day, and Earth Day—so schools and classes around the world are celebrating with competitions, games, festivals, and activities that teach how to help our planet have a healthier future. Kids love Earth Month because they can dig in the dirt, plant a […]

April 4, 2024

Meet Leonard Bumbaca

Mr. Bumbaca (Mr. B) is a seasoned professional with an illustrious 30-year tenure at SpiderSmart, Inc., bringing a wealth of experience to our learning community. His remarkable career includes serving as a retired Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS) teacher, where he left an indelible mark on students across all levels of math in Middle and […]

March 3, 2024

National Reading Month!

Create & Celebrate a Nation of Diverse Readers This year, the National Education Association is promoting the theme Create and Celebrate a Nation of Diverse Readers. Let’s think about what this means and why it is important. What’s the Point? Reading a book transports us to another world and can show and teach us so […]

March 3, 2024

SpiderSmart’s Founder and President, Jeannie Jung

Thirty-five years ago, I was a young mother, raising two kids. Our favorite pastime was going to the children’s section of our local library and reading children’s books. One day, a thought came to me to develop writing assignments based on these books. I knew how difficult writing can be, being an immigrant and having […]

February 7, 2024

Celebrate Black History Month with a Favorite Author

Three Sisters Witness History! Rita Williams-Garcia is the African American author of a beloved trilogy of books about the Gaither sisters: Delphine, Vonetta, and Fern. These books cover a turbulent time in American history, the late 1960s, when the edge of the Civil Rights Movement was becoming more militant, and the fight for racial equality […]

February 7, 2024

Being the Best Teacher

I have been working in education for more years than I can count. Currently, I work at SpiderSmart as a virtual teacher in the Reading & Writing program. To me, working with children comes naturally. It is, to put it simply, fun. I love the energy of children, their laughter, tears, families, and stories. This […]

SpiderSmart doesn’t just make better students.

We help families:

• For you, ease of mind
  • For your child, a better future

Get Started Today

Fill out our short form to start your
SpiderSmart journey

We value your privacy and will never share or disclose your information to any third parties. By submitting this form, you agree to be contacted by us regarding SpiderSmart franchise.